Monday, February 27, 2012

Impulsivity and Spontaneity

For most of you who know me well, I am a worrier.  I never just do anything, I consider the options and all the "what ifs" before finally making my mind up.  Yet, this week has been anything but usual.  It started on Sunday when some of my friends told me they were going to get piercings and asked if I wanted to join.  I normally would take more time to consider it, but I automatically said yes without thinking.  It was really fun going with a huge group, a couple of us got ears, while three of the girls got their noses done.  I know it wasn't much, but its not something I would normally do.  Another one of these moments came at 2am on Friday morning when one of my friends asked if we should go to Byron Bay to see the sunrise.  Both him and I were quite surprised when I actually responded in the positive.  Making a road trip in the middle of the night isn't normally my style, but seeing the sunrise was well worth it.  We left at 3am here, and with the time difference arrived at 5.  Of course, the sun then decided not to rise until 6, but we met some travellers from Germany, who thought we were super strange for doing what we had done.  Can you really blame them though? Middle of the night road trip during one of the wettest, most miserable night/day/mornings we've had in a while.  I think we were pretty insane also, I better not tell myself that though lol.  Alright well other than that the last couple of weeks have been kind of normal.  Oh wait, lets discuss midterms. Do you know that in Australia, midterms actually amount to a test? Bullshit! I have never had a midterm in my whole college career.  Oh and not only is it a test, its a freakin SAT type test, where you sit in a room for 2 hours and are not allowed to talk, or eat, or move without express permission. I mean for Godsake you can't even use the bathroom! What do they think I'm going to do leave a cheat sheet in there or something? So weird.  Anyways as always its super late and I will probably not go to bed for several hours and then tomorrow I'll be pissed at myself for not going to bed early, but thats just kind of my life story! Ta ta for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment